Thursday, July 08, 2010

"Rainbow Fish and the Big Blue Whale" - By Marcus Pfister


Rainbow Fish and the Big Blue Whale
By Marcus Pfister
E PFIS (Pflu Library)
E PF (Pflu Library)
PFI (RR Library)

I know that rainbow fish is one of the few icons that is recognizable in the world of children’s books, but I actually don’t care for his books too much. This book is all about the rainbow fish (fishes that rainbow fish has shared a scale with in the previous books)… anyhow, a whale comes into their area, and they all start to judge the whale and talk bad about him and then they say something mean, and the whale gets mad at them and chases them into a cave and then rainbow fish finally decides to talk it out with the whale and they become friends in the end. I don’t know, forgive me for saying this but I just felt like the story was stupid. And I didn’t like all the negative judging that was going on. I know, it’s suppose to show kids how to overcome those type of situations, but I feel there are better readings out there to get that job done. but hey, if you’re a rainbow fish fan, check it out and don’t let me spoil your fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment