Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"A Practical Guide to Faeries" - By Pip Puddlejump


A Practical Guide to Faeries
By Pip Puddlejump
38.921 MOR (RR Library)
J 398.21 MORR (Pfl Library)

LOVED it! if you’ve got a kid who’s into fairies, this is the book for YOU! it’s so great. It has all these awesome little details about them. it’s put together like a field-guide’s journal. And I absolutely LOVE the art work. The fairies displayed in this book, I think, are the BEST depiction of a fairy, I’ve ever seen, and that, is saying a lot, take my word for it. why I love them so much is because they look so earthy, like they are a product of something that could have GROWN from the rainforest! When you see art work of fairies in other books, (whether drawn realistically, or cartoony) they look like people, wearing flower dresses with bug wings. Maybe with long tipped ears, and little details like chunky fingers and noises might come up from time to time, but their peopleish none the less. but the fairs in this book, look like they grew from magical firms, they have 2 totally different types of hair styles working together, their wings might be leaves and they are just so beautiful and magical looking. And I love that this book focuses on making them magically-real, and shows you all the little details of there world. I think this is an AWESOME book for any magical creature lover out there. And if you hadn’t noticed right away, the author IS a fairy (“Pip Puddlejump”). How cute is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment