
“Princesses Are Not Perfect”
By Kate Lum
Illustrated by Sue Hellard.
E LUM (Pflu Library)
LUM (RR Library)
If you’ve got a bunch of little girls, who all have different type of talents, I think they would really like this book. I have 3 sisters myself and I thought of them and myself as I read this book. This story is about 3 princess sisters, named Allie, Libby, and Mellie who all really love (and are very talented) at doing different things. Allie loves to bake, Libby is a great at building things, and Mellie loves to be in the garden. One Day Mellie decides she’s just fed up with doing the same thing day after day and wants to do something different. But this isn’t the best time to try something new, there happens to be a party in the works not too far off and the sisters SHOULD be using each of their talents to get things ready for the party, but because Mellie is fed up, they all switch jobs for the day. Mrs. Blue (she’s kind of the house keeper or Governess) is not too thrilled about the idea, “are you sure that’s what you want to do?” “of course” they all reply “after all a princess is good at anything!”… well as you can expect they all end up finding out, that’s not true at all. They all have an awful day and the preparations for the party are fall from being ready. But don’t worry, everything comes together in the end, you’ll just have to read it to find out what happens. In the end, they come to realize that “Princesses are good at what they love. And you don’t have to be good at everything to be a princess”. I liked this book, I thought it was a cute idea, and I like the crazy-frilly detailed artwork.
By Kate Lum
Illustrated by Sue Hellard.
E LUM (Pflu Library)
LUM (RR Library)
If you’ve got a bunch of little girls, who all have different type of talents, I think they would really like this book. I have 3 sisters myself and I thought of them and myself as I read this book. This story is about 3 princess sisters, named Allie, Libby, and Mellie who all really love (and are very talented) at doing different things. Allie loves to bake, Libby is a great at building things, and Mellie loves to be in the garden. One Day Mellie decides she’s just fed up with doing the same thing day after day and wants to do something different. But this isn’t the best time to try something new, there happens to be a party in the works not too far off and the sisters SHOULD be using each of their talents to get things ready for the party, but because Mellie is fed up, they all switch jobs for the day. Mrs. Blue (she’s kind of the house keeper or Governess) is not too thrilled about the idea, “are you sure that’s what you want to do?” “of course” they all reply “after all a princess is good at anything!”… well as you can expect they all end up finding out, that’s not true at all. They all have an awful day and the preparations for the party are fall from being ready. But don’t worry, everything comes together in the end, you’ll just have to read it to find out what happens. In the end, they come to realize that “Princesses are good at what they love. And you don’t have to be good at everything to be a princess”. I liked this book, I thought it was a cute idea, and I like the crazy-frilly detailed artwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment