Wednesday, August 04, 2010

“Baby Pie” – By Tom MacRae & Illustrated by Nick Ward

“Baby Pie”
By Tom MacRae
Illustrated by Nick Ward

I have to say, I think I picked up this book hoping to find out that it wasn’t about what the cover made it look like, but I was wrong. This book is indeed about 3 trolls who want to hunt down a baby, and turn him into a pie, and eat him. (WHAT? – yeah) what kind of book is THIS to read to a kid!? Sheesh… all well. So at least in the end, (after they’ve hunted down the baby thru the town and into his home, and bed room…) when they finally find the baby and are about to nab him, they realize, “he’s a big baby!” and they run away from him, and they end up eating more a vegetable chicken pot pie for dinner instead. But still, I don’t think this is a good book to read to a kid. Can you just see yourself reading this book to your kids, tucking them in, kissing them goodnight, turn off the light and then whisper to them as you close the door “now go to sleep of the trolls will get you and eat you up” ? no way!

No comments:

Post a Comment