
I’m sorry to interrupt the stream of book reviews, but I felt that I needed to say this sooner or later…
My name is Nikki Workman, and if you’ve been reading anything I’ve posted, you might have noticed a few spelling/grammar mistakes, even maybe a lot of them. I am dyslexic and it’s a struggle I’ve with all my life and have had to learn to live with. It’s something that has brought shame, tears, and fears to my life that I would not want to wish on anyone. BUT I try to not let it get me down no matter what people say when it’s made evident I don’t read/spell or even talk as well as I would like too.
I started this blog, as hope to inspire and empower mothers to read to their children. I love childrens books. I have a real passion for them. When I was a kid and couldn’t read very well at all, I would rely on the artwork to tell me the story. As I grew, I found out that I had a gift for art. I love to do pencil sketches and ink drawings, and do a little painting every now and then. I hope someday to develop my talent so that I too may write and illustrate my own childrens books. I’ll just have to have one heck of an editor! (lol) My own husband does a very good job of spell checking for me when we can. But it’s hard waiting to DO something because you want to make sure it’s spelled right before you post. I try my best, and just post most of the time.
I am determined (whether it’s spelled right or not), to share my thoughts and ideas with the world. I believe I have a lot to give, and I will not let dyslexia keep me down!
I hope that you enjoy reading my blog about books and welcome you to share your own favorite books on this blog.
Happy reading!
-Nikki Workman
My name is Nikki Workman, and if you’ve been reading anything I’ve posted, you might have noticed a few spelling/grammar mistakes, even maybe a lot of them. I am dyslexic and it’s a struggle I’ve with all my life and have had to learn to live with. It’s something that has brought shame, tears, and fears to my life that I would not want to wish on anyone. BUT I try to not let it get me down no matter what people say when it’s made evident I don’t read/spell or even talk as well as I would like too.
I started this blog, as hope to inspire and empower mothers to read to their children. I love childrens books. I have a real passion for them. When I was a kid and couldn’t read very well at all, I would rely on the artwork to tell me the story. As I grew, I found out that I had a gift for art. I love to do pencil sketches and ink drawings, and do a little painting every now and then. I hope someday to develop my talent so that I too may write and illustrate my own childrens books. I’ll just have to have one heck of an editor! (lol) My own husband does a very good job of spell checking for me when we can. But it’s hard waiting to DO something because you want to make sure it’s spelled right before you post. I try my best, and just post most of the time.
I am determined (whether it’s spelled right or not), to share my thoughts and ideas with the world. I believe I have a lot to give, and I will not let dyslexia keep me down!
I hope that you enjoy reading my blog about books and welcome you to share your own favorite books on this blog.
Happy reading!
-Nikki Workman
No comments:
Post a Comment