
“If I Were a Lion”
By Sarah Weeks
Illustrated by Heather M. Solomon
I really liked this book. It’s about this little girl who gets put into timeout, because she’s acting, as her mother called her “wild!” but as she’s sitting there in timeout, she’s pondering over how silly that is to say. She imagines all the animals and things that WILD really is, and how she, is NOT those things. I like this book because it’s from the kids’ point of view, and probably not far off from how kids probably do interpret what we say they are, and who they see themselves as. Anyone with kids who gets frustrated with them from time to time I think would enjoy reading this… and you’ll probably realize by the end of the book, your kids really arnt THAT bad. Very cute. Short reading. Rhymes. And I really like the water colored illustrations done by Solomon, they make the pictures look more 3D and almost bring a texture to the characters. If you’ve got kids who like animals books, I think they’ll really enjoy this book too because there are many types of creatures who get spotlighted in this story.
By Sarah Weeks
Illustrated by Heather M. Solomon
I really liked this book. It’s about this little girl who gets put into timeout, because she’s acting, as her mother called her “wild!” but as she’s sitting there in timeout, she’s pondering over how silly that is to say. She imagines all the animals and things that WILD really is, and how she, is NOT those things. I like this book because it’s from the kids’ point of view, and probably not far off from how kids probably do interpret what we say they are, and who they see themselves as. Anyone with kids who gets frustrated with them from time to time I think would enjoy reading this… and you’ll probably realize by the end of the book, your kids really arnt THAT bad. Very cute. Short reading. Rhymes. And I really like the water colored illustrations done by Solomon, they make the pictures look more 3D and almost bring a texture to the characters. If you’ve got kids who like animals books, I think they’ll really enjoy this book too because there are many types of creatures who get spotlighted in this story.
No comments:
Post a Comment