
“Love You Forever”
By Robert Munsch
Illustrated Sheila McGraw
E MUN (Pflu Library)
E MUNS (Pflu Library)
MUN (RR Library)
If you’re a parent and HAVENT read this book yet, then it’s about time you do! This book is legend! I don’t think there’s a better book out there that makes the reader feel a Mothers love… or makes mothers cry. Seriously, read it with a box of tissues! I remember being a little kid, sitting in my mothers lap while she read this book to me, and then being in confusion as she would routinely burst out in tears every time we read it. I think I even would giggle at her out of just shear confusion of why she would act that way. Now, being a mom myself, I read this book and I too just CRY my way thru the story. And my little ones stair up at me wondering “what’s wrong?” and my older daughter pats my back as we read saying “it’s ok. Don’t cry”, and thru my sniffles and sobs I say “it’s (whuuu) ok (whuuu) these (whuu) are happy (whuuu) tears.”
This story tells about a mothers unchanging love for her son, no matter what he does how he acts or what he wears. And as the boy grows up, that love is shown in return and lives on forever and shared with his own daughter. Never let a Mothers day go by again without reading this book. I think I even recall a Sunday talk, where the person read this book to the congregation for Mothers Day. It would make a great gift for mothers-to-be. And it’s down right a good book to read any day of the week to help replenish your love for your kids and remind you, how precious this time is with them. medium time reading. Colored pencil drawings. The artist really captures all the details of the world of a growing child.
By Robert Munsch
Illustrated Sheila McGraw
E MUN (Pflu Library)
E MUNS (Pflu Library)
MUN (RR Library)
If you’re a parent and HAVENT read this book yet, then it’s about time you do! This book is legend! I don’t think there’s a better book out there that makes the reader feel a Mothers love… or makes mothers cry. Seriously, read it with a box of tissues! I remember being a little kid, sitting in my mothers lap while she read this book to me, and then being in confusion as she would routinely burst out in tears every time we read it. I think I even would giggle at her out of just shear confusion of why she would act that way. Now, being a mom myself, I read this book and I too just CRY my way thru the story. And my little ones stair up at me wondering “what’s wrong?” and my older daughter pats my back as we read saying “it’s ok. Don’t cry”, and thru my sniffles and sobs I say “it’s (whuuu) ok (whuuu) these (whuu) are happy (whuuu) tears.”
This story tells about a mothers unchanging love for her son, no matter what he does how he acts or what he wears. And as the boy grows up, that love is shown in return and lives on forever and shared with his own daughter. Never let a Mothers day go by again without reading this book. I think I even recall a Sunday talk, where the person read this book to the congregation for Mothers Day. It would make a great gift for mothers-to-be. And it’s down right a good book to read any day of the week to help replenish your love for your kids and remind you, how precious this time is with them. medium time reading. Colored pencil drawings. The artist really captures all the details of the world of a growing child.
No comments:
Post a Comment