

“Roslyn Rutabaga & the Biggest Hole on Earth!”
By Marie-Louise Gay
When you were a kid, did you ever try to dig a whole that would go all the way to the other side of the earth? I know I did. This story is about a little bunny named Roslyn and one day she wakes up with that very goal set on her mind. After her very sweet grandpa gets her off to a good start after a big breakfast and lots of encouragement, she heads out to her backyard. But things don’t run so smoothly. It seams finding the right spot to dig her whole turns out to be a much more difficult task than she thought. After a full days work in the yard, she jumps down in her shallow whole disappointed that she’s not going to get to the other side of the world today. Her granddad comes out climbs into the whole with her and they have a picnic. Her granddad shows her, that just because her shovel couldn’t get her to the other side of the world today, she can still relay on her imagination to take her the rest of the way. I thought this book was, ok, not great, but ok. I did however really like the sweet granddad character. The artwork is messy and scribbly drawings painted pictures on real cardboard, very different.
No comments:
Post a Comment