Thursday, September 30, 2010

“Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!” – By Mo Willems

“Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!”
By Mo Willems
WIL – RR Library


I thought that this book was so cute! The writer addresses the reader and gives the reader the job of making sure that the pigeon doesn’t stay up late but goes to bed on time, and then “leaves” the story until the very end. The clever pigeon then continually tries to distract, pleads, or even bribes the reader at times to just let him stay up a little longer. I thought it was a very cute spin off of what parents usually go thru with their own kids when it’s announced “it’s bed time”. It’s a very short book, very cute and clever, it’s different because it draws in the reader as part of the story (I like that), and it’s very simple artwork was comical even though it looked like it was all done by a crayon. This book would be perfect for bed-time reading. And I found out that there are other books just like this one that are about the pigeon, so if you like this book, then you’ll probably want to check out the others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment