Monday, August 16, 2010

“School” – By Emily Arnold McCully

“School”
By Emily Arnold McCully

I didn’t care for this book. I DID like the artwork which is why I was drawn to it, I mean just look at those colors, it’s FALL-tastic! But the story, was ... well there was little story to have an opinion of, it was choppy to say the least. It’s not even really written with complete sentences at times. It’s confusing. There are 2-3 word sentences at times for the whole page. It’s about the first day of school and the littlest mouse of this mouse family is feeling very nervous about going to school. But she finds out that it’s ok. Common story of emotion. If you’ve got a little one about to go to school for the first time you might want to check it out to read it, but I would recommend making up your own dialog for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment