Monday, July 12, 2010

"Fancy Nancy" - By Jane O'Connor

"Fancy Nancy"
By Jane O’Connor
Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
E O’CO (Pflu Library)
OCO (RR Library)
I’m quickly becoming a big fan of Fancy Nancy books, and I think that this one is the very “first” of that book collection. You meet Nancy and you get to see her taste for decorating, glamour and dress up! She only wishes her family were as fancy as she… so she decides to give them all a “How to Become FANCY 101” course. After they all have a total makeover, they all decide to go out to dinner that night so they can strut in their new garb. I just laugh when I look at the family’s body language when they enter the restaurant! They’re just so determined to make an entrance and not be ashamed of it. It’s a very cute book, I love the pictures! Although I have to say, in this book Nancy seamed to be more of a brunet who favorite color was purple… when in the other books I think she’s done up to look more like a redhead who’s into pink more than anything. But I’m sure as Nancy would say as she waved her hand off at the opinion, “details darling, details.”

No comments:

Post a Comment