Hurray for the Fourth of JulyBy Wendy Watson
E WATS (Pflu Library)
I found a copy at the “Half Price Book” store for not very much. This book covers ALL kinds of 4th of July traditions and ways of celebrating the holiday. I like that most of the pictures in this book are from a birds-eye view and shows all the little details of what everyone in doing in the town. Kind of like “Where is Waldo”. Pictures like that can really captivate a child’s interest for hrs. and a good thing too cause the story thru out the book, doesn’t need to be read from page to page to make since. On each page is a little sentence about the 4th of July, then you can look thru all the details of the pictures, and there are also little blips of common phrases or mini-poems that are almost as old as the 4th of July itself. Over all, a very cute book. I think kids will really enjoy reading this to get excited about all that the 4th of July brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment